[LLVMdev] fatal error: error in backend: 32-bit absolute addressing is not supported in 64-bit mode

Jack Howarth howarth.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 13:17:57 PDT 2015

Tim,
      Thanks. The proposed change applied to the gcc/configure tests
for filds/fists/fildq/fistpq assembler support allows those
instructions to be properly recognized as available on both the
clang-based assembler in Xcode 7 and the legacy GNU assembler in Xcode
6.x and earlier.

https://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=35765

        Jack