[LLVMdev] Supporting heterogeneous computing in llvm.

Christos Margiolas chrmargiolas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 00:17:43 PDT 2015

In fact, I have two modules:
a) the Host one
b) the Accelerator one

Each one gets compiled independently. The runtime takes care of the
offloading operations and loads the accelerator code. Imagine that you want
to compile for amd64 and nvidia ptx. You cannot do it in a single module
and even if you support it, it is gonna become scary. How are you gonna
handle architecture differences that affect the IR in a nice way? e.g.
pointer size, stack alignment and much more...

--chris