[LLVMdev] Clang-Format all LLVM Projects

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sun Jun 7 09:59:50 PDT 2015

On 7 June 2015 at 14:51, Peet <mezo37 at yandex.com> wrote:
> I would like to ask if it is worth a shot to create a pull request which basically clang-formats projects like libcxxabi/libunwind ?
> Since those projects aren't following the LLVM coding standards.
> It would make the code even "more readable" also it would give "me" the feeling that it actually belongs to the LLVM project.

Hi Peet,

We had this discussion a number of times for different projects and
the general feeling was that it wouldn't be a big problem to do so,
but that also depends on the project's community. I'm copying some of
the main developers of those projects for their view on the matter.

I personally prefer not to format code that hasn't changed, as that
messes up with the version history (git blame and all), but people are
normally less paranoid than I am.

cheers,
--renato