[LLVMdev] a life-cycle question for MCJIT

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 5 00:19:41 PDT 2015

On 5 Jun 2015, at 00:15, Sanjoy Das <sanjoy at playingwithpointers.com> wrote:

> After running step (1) we may, in rare cases, decide that the
> generated code is not usable by our runtime [*]

This use case is probably also relevant to the PNaCl people - if the output of the JIT violates the SFI requirements of their sandboxing platform (possible due to a compiler bug) then they need to be able to abort.  I think that they’re currently not lazily JITing, but given how important startup times are to them this is probably not ideal.

David