[LLVMdev] [RFC] Ideas on improving Compiler-RT CMake

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Thu Jun 4 15:45:52 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Chris Bieneman <beanz at apple.com> wrote:

> One of my concerns is actually that the custom rules we have for the
> sanitizer test suite doesn’t work at all on Darwin unless you have the OS
> headers installed to / (which isn’t the default anymore). I think that
> teaching CMake to be smart enough about how it invokes the compiler to be
> able to support all our platforms will be a lot of work duplicating things
> CMake itself already does.

Right, for problems like this, we'd end up writing lots of cmake code to go
and find headers and libraries like this, effectively replacing the
toolchain knowledge that we could get from cmake. It's a tradeoff that may
or may not be worth it, and I'm not sure what the answer is. =/

Maybe if we use the standard cmake cross-compilation approach someone will
come along later and solve this problem at the cmake level.