[LLVMdev] [RFC] Road map for CMake

Chris Bieneman beanz at apple.com
Thu Jul 30 13:24:10 PDT 2015

> On Jul 30, 2015, at 1:07 PM, Renato Golin <renato.golin at linaro.org> wrote:
>
> On 30 July 2015 at 16:59, Chris Bieneman <beanz at apple.com> wrote:
>> So hopefully, yes it will be deprecated before the 3.8 branch and hopefully we can remove it
>> after the 3.8 release.
>
> That's a stunt I want to see happening! Clearly worth a nice bottle of
> wine in the next EuroLLVM. :D
>
> My question is: today we still use autoconf (config.guess) with CMake
> to pick the correct architecture triple. Are we getting rid of that,
> too?

Honesty, I haven’t entirely thought through what it is going to mean to remove the autoconf system. There are some standalone makefiles that might make sense to keep around.

Since the current CMake build system depends on config.guess I don’t think it is going anywhere, but maybe eventually we’ll do something different.

-Chris