[LLVMdev] [RFC] Road map for CMake

Reid Kleckner rnk at google.com
Thu Jul 30 10:30:02 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Chris Bieneman <beanz at apple.com> wrote:

> I wanted to take some time to write up and roll out a proposed road map
> for CMake over the next few months. Apologies in advance for the
> substantial 0/7 Wall of Text I've summoned here (it only cost me 3 swamp
> mana).

Mono black devotion ftw! Thanks for working on this. :)

The main thing I'm trying to understand is, at each point along the way,
will CMake be able to generate a combined build.ninja for all compilation
jobs?

You're doing the work, so it's fine if that's a nongoal. However, I'd like
it if the simple case where compiler-rt is being compiled for the host, the
generated build files don't shell out to another build.

The main thing I want to talk about is PR21562. For Apple PR21562 is the