[LLVMdev] Purpose of LLVM_ENABLE_LIBCXX and LLVM_ENABLE_LIBCXXABI

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Jul 28 06:53:12 PDT 2015

On 28 July 2015 at 14:44, Martell Malone <martellmalone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Adding a little to the topic what criteria would we need to make a target
> use compiler-rt and libc++ as the default in the clang driver.
> I have successfully built a standalone clang toolchain with mingw-w64
> without using gcc or binutils.

There was another discussion with David Chisnall, where he gave a good
overall on some of the complications for doing so:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.compilers.clang.devel/44037

>From my point of view, we can only do something that radical when we
can test on most environments and make sure that any combination will
work. I don't know how to do that, though, but I expect that there
should be enough tests in Clang to that effect.

For now, I just want to make sure it works on ARM/AArch64, even if I
have to hack my way through it. If I can have at least a buildbot
testing them, we'll be sure not to regress in functionality. System
integration is a secondary issue.

cheers,
--renato