[LLVMdev] Purpose of LLVM_ENABLE_LIBCXX and LLVM_ENABLE_LIBCXXABI

Schlottke-Lakemper, Michael m.schlottke-lakemper at aia.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jul 28 04:10:28 PDT 2015

Hi,

I am wondering about the meaning of the cmake flags LLVM_ENABLE_LIBCXX and LLVM_ENABLE_LIBCXXABI. Are they used to indicate that if the C/C++ compiler for building LLVM is clang, and if this clang has support for libc++ with libc++Abi, that both lib++ and libc++abi should be used (instead of linking to the default, which at least on Linux is libstdc++)? If not, what is the canonical way of building LLVM with libc++? I am asking since I seem to have problems linking libLLVMSupport.a to a program while using clang with libc++, whereas the used clang/LLVM compiler was originally built with clang and libstdc++.

Related to the first question: do the above flags also make clang use libc++ by default, or is this configurable via a different set of flags?

Thanks a lot in advance

Michael

--
Michael Schlottke-Lakemper

SimLab Highly Scalable Fluids & Solids Engineering
Jülich Aachen Research Alliance (JARA-HPC)
RWTH Aachen University

Wüllnerstraße 5a
52062 Aachen
Germany