[LLVMdev] Using thin archives when building llvm

Rafael EspĂ­ndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 08:38:01 PDT 2015

On 20 July 2015 at 10:53, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

>> I was using ninja for windows too.
>
> Where does lld-link2 get chosen?  CMake doesn't have code for that
> name so something else in your project must be specifying it somehow.

Yes, the simplest way to reproduce the problem is to run

mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..\llvm -G Ninja  -DCMAKE_CXX_CREATE_STATIC_LIBRARY=foobar
-DCMAKE_LINKER=c:\users\espindola\llvm\inst\bin\lld-link2

and then

ninja -v lib\LLVMSupport.lib

I would expect it to fail trying to run foobar, but it works by
running lld-link2

Cheers,
Rafael