[LLVMdev] Loop localize global variables

Charlie Turner charlesturner7c5 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 03:01:48 PDT 2015

On 22 July 2015 at 06:06,  <sundeepk at codeaurora.org> wrote:
> The malloc case you mentioned below is very interesting but I don't follow
> why you need a function pass to handle this case.

Sorry, I made a mistake about this. I thought because of the way LICM
adds instructions to its tracker from inner-loops outwards, and
doesn't look at instructions outside the loop, it wouldn't be able to
make use of the malloc information. But the alias analysis should have
spotted the surrounding context for us already -- I misunderstood the
alias analysis infrastructure. Apologies if I caused unnecessary
confusion suggesting LICM can't be modified with this.