[LLVMdev] [3.7 Release] RC1 has been tagged, Testing Phase I begins

Hans Wennborg hans at chromium.org
Mon Jul 20 13:50:47 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Dimitry Andric <dimitry at andric.com> wrote:
> On 17 Jul 2015, at 01:09, Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:

>>> Is it OK to do an autoconf build?  The CMake build tries to build various components which do not yet work on FreeBSD, e.g. libcxxabi does not compile at all, libcompiler-rt has a bunch of test failures, etc.  Alternatively, can I disable these components in the CMake build locally?
>>
>> Yes, go ahead and use the autoconf build.
>>
>> Can you send a patch to test-release.sh that makes this default for
>> FreeBSD? It's already the default for Darwin.
>
> Here it is.  While here, I replaced the multiple calls to uname -s with a variable assignment.
>
> It's currently building for FreeBSD 10.x i386 and amd64.

Renato ran into the same problem of some components not working when
building on ARM and has a patch out for disabling them:
http://reviews.llvm.org/D11326

That might be a better approach actually. Since we didn't use to
include libcxx or libcxxabi in previous releases, feel free to disable
those (but please file bugs for the problems anyway). For compiler-rt,
we did include that in previous releases so it would be good if we
could make it work. What errors are you running into?

Thanks,
Hans