[LLVMdev] [RFC] Developer Policy for LLVM C API

Eric Christopher echristo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 15:41:33 PDT 2015

Hi Juergen,

I've actually got another, perhaps more radical, plan. Let's just get rid
of the C API or move it to another project. This simplifies a lot of the
plans here where people have too many different ideas of how the C API
should work.

At this point the people who want a stable C API per incremental version
can do that and handle the overhead of porting themselves and the people
that want a C API that just happens to be a C interface can have a wrapper
(or SWIG or whatever they want).

I realize it's radical, but it seems that there are so many different wants
for C API here that solving everyone's problems or wants is going to be
impossible.

-eric