[LLVMdev] [Clang] [lld] [llvm-link] Whole program / dead-code optimization

ed at modk.it ed at modk.it
Thu Jul 16 13:26:49 PDT 2015

> Is there a reason why LLVM's link-time optimization won't work for you?
>
> http://llvm.org/docs/GoldPlugin.html
> http://llvm.org/docs/LinkTimeOptimization.html

Well the primary motivation to move to LLVM is licensing which is why we
also ditched binutils since we can't package gcc for iOS due to the GPL.
So in the end the gold plugin wouldn't work for licensing reasons even if
we can get it to work technically but thanks for the links I'm still trying
to wrap my head around the problem and any info helps.

-Ed