[LLVMdev] RFC: A plan for stateful alias analysis in LLVM

Hal Finkel hfinkel at anl.gov
Thu Jul 16 12:36:23 PDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

One thing I'd like to clarify is what is responsible for 'requiring' the various alias-analysis pass, so that they'll be recomputed if they're invalidated. So if I have an AliasManager, and I've requested that it manage a BasicAA and an SCEVAA (for example), and something happens such that SCEVAA is invalidated, then before future AA queries are processed, the AliasManager is responsible for triggering the re-computation of SCEVAA as part of the chaining process (or before the first AA query). That's my expectation anyway; does that match this model?

Thanks again,
Hal

--
Hal Finkel