[LLVMdev] Validating a new release

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Jul 16 10:02:48 PDT 2015

On 16 July 2015 at 17:45, Hans Wennborg <hans at chromium.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I think that is pretty outdated. In practice, what
> happens is that the release testers qualify it on the platforms they
> run. In the case of ARM, that is tested by Renato, and I believe he
> usually tests both ARMv7 and AArch64.

Yup, I do! :)

That page is severely outdated! The best place to look is at the
release page: http://llvm.org/releases/.

Whatever is there was tested and benchmarked is similar ways +
extended tests and benchmarks from the release tester or the rest of
the community.

AFAIK, all releases are build for all targets, so ARMv8 is present in
all of them for you to cross-compile. They don't, however, have any
libraries or linkers for all targets.

I build and test ARMv7 and AArch64, but I'm not yet doing AArch32
builds. The check-all tests are being performed by all other releases,
but I don't specifically run the test-suite or benchmarks in AArch32
mode, if that's what you want to know.

cheers,
--renato