[LLVMdev] [Clang] Reasons for lack of -fsingle-precision-constant support? Alternatives?

ed at modk.it ed at modk.it
Wed Jul 15 09:36:48 PDT 2015

> Another approach might be to add a dedicated warning (off by default)
> which warns or errors on these cases.  It also seems like a case where a
> clang-tidy rewrite rule could help.

That would make sense but our tools are so high level we don't even
generate compiler errors because there should be none by design:
http://modkit.com/vex

We can certainly append the 'f' in our highest level tools but we're
working on some tools that are closer to the metal and want to keep things
1:1.