[LLVMdev] GlobalsModRef (and thus LTO) is completely broken

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Tue Jul 14 21:05:00 PDT 2015

Chandler,

Given you say explicitly that this only effects the LTO pipeline, I was
curious if you thought this is an issue that we could skip past for the
new pass manager work.  Getting the normal optimization pass manager -
which doesn't have this issue - working seems like a very reasonable
first step.  Even if we had to add some hack to the old pass manager -
like say, separating out the problematic interface and making the few
passes that use it go through hoops to get to GlobalsModRef specifically
as opposed to any AA pass with the interface - that seems like a
worthwhile tradeoff.  Would this type of approach work?  Or am I missing
something?

Philip