[LLVMdev] FW: Insight of 403050abcc091260be2e8f58484e7a39c0782b47?

Lawrence lawrence at codeaurora.org
Tue Jul 14 17:42:56 PDT 2015

+llvmdev

From: Lawrence [mailto:lawrence at codeaurora.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2015 5:42 PM
To: 'dberlin at dberlin.org'
Cc: 'Ana Pazos'; 'Sanjin Sijaric'; 'zinob at codeaurora.org'
Subject: RE: Insight of 403050abcc091260be2e8f58484e7a39c0782b47?

Thanks Daniel for your prompt response.

I understand the problem is a combination of multiple things, I have opened
at least one RA bug for it.

One thing I am not sure is should we add some register pressure mechanism to
your patch (or even PRE) or fix later optimization such as
rematerialization/split/spiller/coalescing(?) to handle that.

+llvmdev for more discussion

Will attached two log more detail to individual if anyone ask.

Regards.

Lawrence Hu