[LLVMdev] How to configure the functionPass manager to omit some functions in a module input?

Shen Liu shl413 at lehigh.edu
Tue Jul 14 14:41:19 PDT 2015

Hi all, now I am using LLVM to draw a program dependence graph. In my
ModulePass I hope to omit some special functions like "main" and only run
some special functions.

For example, as shown in the following dump result, how can i selectively
omit function "@const_expr" in the input module? Is there a general way to
run some function only but omit others?  Thanks!

Stack dump:
0.  Program arguments: opt --load mypass.so -mypass --debug-pass=Structure
1.  Running pass 'Function Pass Manager' on module '<stdin>'.
2.  Running pass 'My test analysis' on function '@const_expr'
Segmentation fault (core dumped)