[LLVMdev] Ravi - a dialect of Lua 5.3 with LLVM based JIT compilation

Dibyendu Majumdar mobile at majumdar.org.uk
Sat Jul 11 06:35:25 PDT 2015

Hi,

I wrote back in March introducing Ravi, which I am developing as an
extension of Lua 5.3.

http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2015-March/083128.html

I am pleased to announce that I have just released version 0.7. The
JIT compiler now supports most of the Lua bytecodes.

The project documentation can be found at:

http://the-ravi-programming-language.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

Performance benchmarks are here:

http://the-ravi-programming-language.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ravi-benchmarks.html

JIT Compilation Status (slightly out of date):

http://the-ravi-programming-language.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ravi-jit-status.html

The main website where development is occurring is:

https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/ravi

I requested back in March that Ravi be included in the list of
products using LLVM - I would be very grateful if this could be done.

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu