[LLVMdev] Strong post-dominance in LLVM?

Bjarke Roune broune at google.com
Thu Jul 9 10:42:31 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 12:42 AM, James Molloy <james at jamesmolloy.co.uk>
 wrote:

> Forgive my naivety, but wouldn't that involve solving the halting problem?
>
> If I had to have the exact right answer for every input, then yes. If you
allow a return value of "I don't know" for some inputs, then you can solve
the halting problem trivially by always returning "I don't know". Better
solutions return "I don't know" on a smaller subset of the inputs. That the
halting problem is undecidable then just means that all correct solutions
must return "I don't know" for some inputs.

Bjarke