[LLVMdev] The Trouble with Triples

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Thu Jul 9 03:13:27 PDT 2015

On 9 July 2015 at 11:06, Daniel Sanders <Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com> wrote:
> That makes sense to me with a small tweak. Different triples having different customizations is likely to be quite common for ARM and MIPS in particular so I'd suggest using lists of triple=tuple pairs. For example:
>         -DLLVM_TARGETS_DEFAULTS="armv7a-linux-gnueabihf=...armv7atuple...;aarch64-linux-gnu=...aarch64tuple...;x86_64-linux-gnu=...x86_64tuple..."

Yes, and that's why a config file would be the answer for those.

It may be beneficial to have the CMake option for simple triples, for
now as an implementation example, but later override it with the
config file.

We could even keep the CMake options in conjunction with the config
file, but that'd have to be well documented so people understand what
overrides what.

cheers,
--renato