[LLVMdev] Excluding project builds

David A. Greene greened at obbligato.org
Tue Jul 7 20:16:26 PDT 2015

Dan Liew <dan at su-root.co.uk> writes:

> On 7 July 2015 at 15:05, David A. Greene <greened at obbligato.org> wrote:
>> I'm learning the cmake build.
>>
>> Is there a way to disable the build of a subdirectory in llvm/projects?
>> I'm getting a build error on one project and don't want it to hold up
>> the build of everything else.
>
> In your LLVM build directory run
>
> $ cmake -DLLVM_BUILD_EXAMPLES=OFF /path/to/llvm/source
>
> (note if you are using the makefile build you can run ``make
> edit_cache`` to do the above).
>
> If you are still having problems you could also set
> LLVM_INCLUDE_EXAMPLES to OFF.
>
> If you use ccmake or cmake gui these options are easily visibile,
> you'll see a whole bunch of other useful options.

I'm wondering about things like clang, lldb, etc. that are checked out
in llvm's projects directory.  Is there a way to skip building one of
them?  The lldb build is failing due to an ancient libc I can't replace.

Yeah, I can just delete the directory but for various reasons it's more
attractive not to have to do that.  It would be nice to just tell CMake
not to build that directory via a CMake variable or at build config
time.

                            -David