[LLVMdev] SPMD Autovectorizer

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Tue Jul 7 03:32:00 PDT 2015

On 6 July 2015 at 19:03, Zack Waters <zswaters at gmail.com> wrote:
> Are there any plans to integrate an autovectorizer for SPMD programs into
> LLVM? For example, there were previous discussions about integrating the
> whole function vectorizer (WFV) from Ralf Karrenberg into LLVM.

Wouldn't OpenMP account for some of that? At least on a single
machine, could you have both parallel and simd optimisations done on
the same loop? For MPI solutions, I believe just vectorising the code
per architecture would achieve a similar goal.

What other points could be relevant, here?

cheers,
--renato