[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] 3.6.2-rc1 has been tagged. Testers needed.

Dimitry Andric dimitry at andric.com
Tue Jul 7 01:23:17 PDT 2015

On 07 Jul 2015, at 08:10, Dan Liew <dan at su-root.co.uk> wrote:

> On 6 July 2015 at 22:26, Dan Liew <dan at su-root.co.uk> wrote:
>> In addition to doing ``set -e`` what we also need to do ``set -o
>> pipefail`` in the ``test-release.sh`` script.
>>
>> ```
>> $ set -o pipefail
>> $ false ; echo $?
>> 1
>> $ false | tee /dev/null ; echo $?
>> 1
>> ```
>>
>> Is it okay for me to commit a fix for this to trunk?
>
> @dimitry: Could you tell me if
>
> set -o pipefail
>
> works under the FreeBSD? I seem to recall that FreeBSD does not use
> bash by default so I'm not sure what the ``test-release.sh`` script
> shebang actually invokes under FreeBSD. Is it real bash or is it some
> bourne compatible shell?

On FreeBSD, /bin/sh is a POSIX shell, which does not support "set -o
pipefail".  But for test-release.sh, this will not matter, as it starts
with:

#!/usr/bin/env bash

So it will just run /usr/local/bin/bash instead.  Obviously, the user
will have to install the bash port, but you need to install a bunch of
ports to build llvm anyway.

-Dimitry