[LLVMdev] Intrinsic parameters verification

Quentin Colombet qcolombet at apple.com
Wed Jul 1 11:57:34 PDT 2015

Hi Elena,

I think the checks are done by the front-end, then if the values provided to an intrinsic do not work for the IR, the backend aborts with cannot select.
I may be wrong of course, this is my recollection of how the ARM backend work for neon intrinsics.

The bottom line is you may want to ask this question to cfe dev.

Cheers,
Q.