[LLVMdev] unwind's permanent residence

Dan Albert danalbert at google.com
Sat Jan 31 09:31:45 PST 2015

On Jan 31, 2015 08:42, "Jonathan Roelofs" <jroelofs.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> My worry is the scenario of throwing in one dso, then running a cleanup
as you're unwinding through another dso. If that cleanup throws, and
invokes a different unwinder, there's no way for that second unwinder to
know about the state of the first. If this were c++, we'd break the
requirement that throwing from a destructor during exception propagation
causes the app to terminate.

> I think there can really only be one unwinder per application.

This was my concern as well, but we are only talking about the default
behavior of --rtlib=compiler-rt, which is a case where we have no extra
information. For triples that we know for a fact use libgcc as the system
unwinder it would make sense to have that target's default be libgcc.