[LLVMdev] unwind's permanent residence

Jonathan Roelofs jonathan at codesourcery.com
Fri Jan 30 13:19:07 PST 2015

On 1/30/15 1:58 PM, Nick Kledzik wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2015, at 12:43 PM, Jonathan Roelofs <jonathan at codesourcery.com> wrote:
>
>> It would be nice if we had some libunwind-specific tests too. Currently we have none, other than the c++ abi tests.  Nick, does Apple have any they're willing to upstream?
>
> Here is what Apple has:
>
>     http://opensource.apple.com/source/libunwind/libunwind-35.3/testsuite/
>
> If you think these are useful, I can upstream them.
A few of them look useful almost as-is, for example: unwind_test_main.c,
end_of_stack.c, and find_enclosing.c (not an exhaustive list).
> But, they are either generic C++ exception tests (already covered by libc++ tests)
More coverage is good :)
> or are darwin specific assembly that tests that registers are restored properly.
> The latter are good things to test in the unwinder but will need some massaging
Those might be a bit more painful to massage into cross-platform
goodness. I'm not sure of the best way to replicate this other than to
have separate directories full of them, and only try to run them when
the testing target is compatible.

> (and a test harness) to work cross platform.
Test harness should be a bit easier now... EricWF and Danalbert have
been doing lots of great work on the lit harnesses for libcxx/libcxxabi
that make them super simple. Adding another harness for unwinder tests
should be relatively painless now.

Cheers,

Jon

--