[LLVMdev] How to install poolalloc?

Qiuping Yi yiqiuping at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 07:05:53 PST 2015

Hi, all

I want to use the alias analysises in project poolalloc, but I encounter
some problem during installing it. I install poolalloc as follow:

1) cd llvm/projects
    svn co http://llvm.org/svn/llvm-project/poolalloc/branches/release_32
poolalloc
3) cd LLVM-object-directory
    make tools-only
    cd projects/poolalloc
    make

When I carried out "make", I get the next error information:
llvm[2]: Compiling AddressTakenAnalysis.cpp for Release+Asserts build (PIC)
AddressTakenAnalysis.cpp:18:30: fatal error: llvm/IR/CallSite.h: No such
file or directory compilation terminated.
/bin/rm: cannot remove
`/home/gu/installed/llvm-2.9/projects/poolalloc/lib/DSA/Release+Asserts/AddressTakenAnalysis.d.tmp':
No such file or directory
make[2]: ***
[/home/gu/installed/llvm-2.9/projects/poolalloc/lib/DSA/Release+Asserts/AddressTakenAnalysis.o]
Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/gu/installed/llvm-2.9/projects/poolalloc/lib/DSA'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/gu/installed/llvm-2.9/projects/poolalloc/lib'
make: *** [all] Error 1

Does poolalloc dependent on some other project which has not been installed
now? What should I do for incorrectly installing poolalloc? Thank you all
in advance.

Qiuping Yi
Institute Of Software
Chinese Academy of Sciences