[LLVMdev] always-inline heuristic

Gerolf Hoflehner ghoflehner at apple.com
Thu Jan 29 16:09:23 PST 2015

There have been extensive discussions about this on about 8 month ago on the mailing list. You’ll also find some comments in the code. We first have to improve points-to analysis before we think about revisiting inlining functions with indirect  branches.

Always-inline just means inline when the compiler can determine that it is safe to so.

-Gerolf

].