[LLVMdev] Adding PDB support to lib\DebugInfo

Zachary Turner zturner at google.com
Thu Jan 29 12:22:35 PST 2015

In theory it probably could go into LLDB, but when we discussed this
internally, we just decided that debug info goes in llvm on pure principle
and for consistency. I also agree it would be nice for LLDB to use LLVM
dwarf parser, but this needs some evangelism in the LLDB community before
it can happen :)

There are potential use cases for PDB reading in llvm, for example
llvm-symbolizer and ASAN, who i think have hand rolled PDB support, so
there's definitely some merit to providing this kind of thing at the LLVM
level, but that's more of a long term thing.