[LLVMdev] Building clang/llvm without libstdc++ or GPLv3 tools/libraries

Derek Schuff dschuff at google.com
Wed Jan 28 09:16:53 PST 2015

We ship PNaCl's LLVM on Linux and Mac with libc++ and libc++abi. We build a
libc++.so/dylib that includes the libc++abi files directly and doesn't
depend on libstdc++ at all (it does depend on libc.so and libgcc_s.so; on
mac it only depends on libSystem.B.dylib and not on any external
libc++abi). Doing it this way sidesteps any layering issues with libc++ and
libc++abi.