[LLVMdev] CPUStringIsValid() into MCSubtargetInfo and use it for ARM .cpu parsing

Sumanth Gundapaneni sgundapa at codeaurora.org
Tue Jan 27 16:37:53 PST 2015

Hi Divacky,

  I have an armv7 variant that supports hardware division (extension).

For my variant, I use ".cpu cortex-a9" and division
attribute(.eabi_attribute 44, 2   @ Tag_DIV_use) to let the assembler do the
right thing if it encounters a division instruction.

With your path, the .cpu directive is used to fetch the available features
of a CPU and ignores the eabi attributes.

What should be the approach to fix the issue which I am facing ?

Shouldn't the eabi attributes be honored ?

--Sumanth G