[LLVMdev] LLVM Weekly - #56, Jan 26th 2015

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 26 09:13:09 PST 2015

On 26 Jan 2015, at 14:54, Alex Bradbury <asb at asbradbury.org> wrote:

> * Sun Solaris users, now is the time to celebrate. libc++ will now build on
> your platform of choice. [r226947](http://reviews.llvm.org/rL226947).

This came as something of a surprise to me, as I did the port of libc++ to Solaris a few years ago and it has been used in production since shortly after that.

Looking at the patch, it replaces all of the locale code (which was passing the libc++ tests on Solaris last time I ran it) with something that doesn't support locales at all.  I don't think that this is a reason for Solaris users to rejoice...

David