[LLVMdev] Is there profiling that survives to transformations?

Vanderson Martins do Rosario vandersonmr2 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 08:39:21 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm studying LLVM for a project and I am in doubt if LLVM has a specific
functionality.

I started using GCOV profiling and GCOVFunctions, but I want that my
profile continues being as consistent  as possible after the application of
some transformations that changes the CFG.

So I started reading some of the code from Scalar/SampleProfile.cpp and I
would like to know if this code do that. If not, does LLVM have some thing
to do that?

Thanks.

Regards,
Vanderson M. Rosario