[LLVMdev] LLVM out of source pass build: Loadable modules not supported

Rob Jansen jansen at cs.umn.edu
Wed Jan 21 16:04:48 PST 2015

I am [also] having problems when trying to build an out-of-source loadable
module on Fedora 21:

-- LLVMHoistGlobals ignored -- Loadable modules not supported on this
platform.

Thinking it was a packaging issue, I tried downloading/building/installing
both 3.5.0 and 3.5.1 from source, but to no avail. (Using 3.5.0 from the
package archives on an Ubuntu 11.10 VM also had problems.)

The 3.4 packages in Fedora 20 work great. What changed between 3.4 and 3.5
that would have caused loadable modules to fail?

There is a similar problem posted on stackoverflow:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27863706/llvm-out-of-source-pass-build-loadable-modules-not-supported-on-linux

-Rob

Message: 5