[LLVMdev] Howdy + GIT

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Tue Jan 20 14:47:17 PST 2015

On Jan 16, 2015, at 11:15 AM, Ronan KERYELL <ronan at keryell.fr> wrote:
> And this is where svn does not scale. The only way I know to do it with
> SVN is to add write access to the real contributor (Hey Chris! Can you
> give me write accesses to the LLVM-related repository???) or to use

I'm generally trying to stay out of this thread, because I disagree with pretty much everything Reed wrote (and think that proposing a major change to the development model is a funny thing to do when you haven't been an active contributor for years).

That said, I'd like to point out that the mean time between someone sending me a request for commit access (along with the correct password hash) and them being granted commit access is around 1-3 hours. If someone has observed a practical problem  I'd love to hear about it.

-Chris