[LLVMdev] Dropping the DW_ prefix from names in dwarfdump

David Blaikie dblaikie at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 10:08:26 PST 2015

Hey guys,

Frederic is introducing the expression dumping support and in the interests
of tersity is skipping the "DW_" in every "DW_OP" (heck, we could even skip
the "OP" given the context - nothing else textual can appear there, right?)

Any thoughts on skipping the "DW_" (maybe even the AT/TAG/FORM too) in the
rest of dwarfdump? (skipping the AT/TAG (FORM would be relatively easy I
think) would be a bit trickier, but still identifiable/solvable) I haven't
tried it to see how it looks/reads.