[LLVMdev] Floating-point range checks

Robison, Arch arch.robison at intel.com
Wed Jan 14 08:17:46 PST 2015

I'll submit my SimplifyFCmpInst improvement to llvm-commits after the tests finish running.

So it doesn't get lost, attached is what I had in mind for a basic FPRange.h .  The name "FPRange" isn't really quite right since it really represents a lattice point.  It's quite coarse-grain, but cheap to compute and hits on the basic properties of IEEE arithmetic.  The public interface hides the coarseness, so it could be internally extended to be more precise without affecting clients.

- Arch