[LLVMdev] Symlink to llvm-config returns wrong results on Linux

Ramkumar Ramachandra artagnon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:15:17 PST 2015

It seemed to be a very strange caching issue: on my VM, in two
sequential commands, one call to llvm-config would go to the
system-built one (when I tried it plain), and another would go to the
symlink in my PATH (when I tried it with strace). I can't reproduce it
anymore, and I still don't know what caused the Linux system to behave
so unpredictably.

Anyway, it's not an LLVM issue. Thanks for prodding me to post a conclusion.