[LLVMdev] RFC: PerfGuide for frontend authors

Philip Reames listmail at philipreames.com
Sat Feb 28 14:23:02 PST 2015

On 02/28/2015 10:04 AM, Björn Steinbrink wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2015.02.28 10:53:35 -0600, Hal Finkel wrote:

I'd be interested in seeing the IR for this that you're currently
generating.  Unless I'm misreading your example, everything in this is
completely dead.  We should be able to reduce this to nothing and if we
can't, it's clearly a missed optimization.  I'm particularly interested
in how the difference in placement of the lifetime start for 'b' effects
optimization.  I really wouldn't expect that.

Philip