[LLVMdev] [3.6 Release] Release Candidate 2 available

Sedat Dilek sedat.dilek at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 00:53:30 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:47 PM, Anton Korobeynikov
<anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:
> Hans,
>
>>> I see a Git branch "release_36", but what has v3.6.0rc2 for a
>>> commit-id, can you tags that?
>>> No, there are no tags at all @ github.
>>
>> Anton, is it possible to translate the svn tags to git tags?
> In the past we had problems with git-svn tags, so we decided to go
> with branches only.

[ Following "[LLVMdev] [3.6 Release] RC4 has been tagged" thread on LLVMdev ML ]

Can you describe these problems?
If you cannot solve them by yourself, did/can you ask on Git mailing-list?

Why are there no more "svn-tags/RELEASE_NN" tags on GitHub-mirrors?
The last I see is "svn-tags/RELEASE_32".
So, this seems to have worked someday.

So I see a "final" tag for "RELEASE_360" in SVN.
Can you please do generate "svn-tags/RELEASE_360" tags for Git
accordingly (for llvm | cfe | compiler-rt | ...)?
If you cannot do, which are the last git-sha1-commit-ids for llvm |
cfe | compiler-rt (svn-revs see below)?

In conclusion:
Why are people using Git disadvantaged?

For now I waited for official tarballs.