[LLVMdev] [lldb-dev] Reusing LLVM Mips instruction info in lldb

David Chisnall David.Chisnall at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 26 09:35:30 PST 2015

On 26 Feb 2015, at 17:20, Daniel Sanders <Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com> wrote:

> > Would you have any objections to making lib/Target/*/MCTargetDesc/*MCTargetDesc.h public?
>
> One worry that springs to mind is how easy it is to renumber the enum values used by the opcodes. If these numbers are public it will be hard to have stable releases that add new instructions.

I don't believe that there's an expectation of ABI stability for the LLVM C++ interfaces, even in public headers - there's no expectation that you can link against any version of LLVM other than the exact version whose headers you used, unless you use the C interfaces.  As long as this is not in llvm-c, then it shouldn't be an issue.

David