[LLVMdev] Conveying target library information to an ExecutionEngine

Pat Gavlin pagavlin at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 23 18:43:07 PST 2015

Hi llvmdev,

I have a need to override some of the default libcall names on when generating code through an ExecutionEngine. It looks like the canonical way to customize libcall names is to set up an appropriate TargetLibraryInfo and add a TargetLibraryInfoWrapperPass to the pass manager used for compilation. AFAICT there is no way to do this when compiling via an ExecutionEngine (either through an EngineBuilder or an ExecutionEngine itself).

Am I missing something, or is this not currently supported? If it's not supported (and if I've correctly understood how TLI is conveyed to the backend), I'm happy to put together a patch.

Thanks,

- Pat