[LLVMdev] [3.6 Release] RC4 has been tagged

Daniel Sanders Daniel.Sanders at imgtec.com
Mon Feb 23 08:49:34 PST 2015

The Mips binary releases are built and tested on Mips hardware Debian Jessie (mips/mipsel) systems. The little-endian system lacks a local hard disk and an FPU so it takes a _very_ long time. The big-endian system still lacks an FPU but it has an SSD and 10 cores so it's pretty quick. Each of these are tested for –mips32, -mips32r2, and default-options. I don't look at the performance of the test-suite yet since the lack of FPU's means that a lot of the tests are really testing the performance of the kernel instruction emulation (2% user 98% sys is pretty common). However, I discovered a few days ago that the 'MIPS Creator CI20' is pretty good at the test-suite (it has an FPU and finishes in ~2 hours) so I'm hoping to have this in place for future releases.
I'm not doing 64-bit builds yet because of a couple issues recursing the compiler with the release script but it's hopefully on its way.

The cross compilation testing builds the test-suite several times (currently 23) for various ISA's, endians, ABI's, etc. and executes the tests under qemu. This lets me cover things I don't have the silicon for at the moment (e.g. Mips32r6, MSA, etc.) but it also prevents meaningful performance testing. I'm hoping to get hardware involved in this where possible but I haven't had time to look into it.