[LLVMdev] lld options to parse linker script

Rafael Auler rafaelauler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 12:39:49 PST 2015

In the GNU flavour, you should just try it as you would do it in GNU ld.
Please note, however, that support for linker scripts in LLD is still in
its infancy and only simple linker script commands that deal with files are
working (GROUP, SEARCH_DIR, OUTPUT).

Both GNU ld and LLD (when using the GNU flavour), whenever they do not
recognise an input file format, will read the input file as an "implicit
linker script". This implicit linker script will be read *in addition to*
the internal default linker script that sets linker behaviour. These are
used, for example, in GLIBC to add search paths and are very simple and
already supported by LLD. These implicit linker scripts can appear multiple
times in the linker command line in the same way as you specify multiple
linker inputs. For example:

lld-gnu input1.o input2.o linkerscript1.txt linkerscript2.txt -o test

However, there are linker scripts commands that can only appear once (such
as the SECTIONS command). If you want to use such commands, you must supply
your own linker script name after the "-T" option to override the default
linker script, only once:

lld-gnu -T linkerscript.txt (...)

However, currently, these commands are still not supported in LLD.

Best regards,
Rafael Auler