[LLVMdev] Writing LLVM front-end

Ahmed Taj elsir meedo456123 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:34:41 PST 2015

Hi,

I'm new in LLVM project , I have to write a compiler frond-end (based
on LLVM) in C++ to support my programming language .Am I have to
implement support for each architecture or LLVM has libraries  that
can do this for me ? (btw I don't want to support architecture that
LLVM don't) .

does LLVM has helper functions to create objects in heap ? if not is
it good idea to use C++11 smart pointer to do memory management
operations (at least in the first versions of my language ) ?

Sorry,if some questions are silly , but I'm still beginner in compiler's world .

Thanks.