[LLVMdev] Moving towards a singular pointer type

Colin LeMahieu colinl at codeaurora.org
Wed Feb 18 06:58:14 PST 2015

It might help after adding explicit types where needed and before adding the opaque pointer type, to change all pointers to a single type in the existing type system, i8* could work or maybe a weird type that would shake out any issues like i99*.

If all pointers were changed to this weird type and all GEP, load, store, etc were told to use their explicit type instead you might be able to find places where we’re still relying on pointer types before adding and converting to the opaque type.