[LLVMdev] Building clang on Raspberry Pi2

Renato Golin renato.golin at linaro.org
Sat Feb 14 11:09:04 PST 2015

On 13 February 2015 at 00:06, Ben Pope <benpope81 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But it's a Cortex-A7, not A8, how do I convince the test-release.sh or build
> scripts to make Phase1 clang target Cortex A7 for Phase2? (with vfpv4-d16)

Cortex-A7 is actually newer (and has more features) than Cortex-A8
(don't ask), so having A8 as the minimum is still ok.

Also, I believe the Pi2 is VFPv4-D32, not VFPv4-D16, but that's
irrelevant to your problem.

Can you share the error message, too? APFloat is, indeed, the first
file to be compiled, so as Richard said, the error is probably because
the binaries you created on Phase2 are broken.

cheers,
--renato